Next production will be:
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to The Forum
6 Performances Spring 2016
May 13, 20 @8PM
May 14, 21@ 8 PM
May 15, 22 @ 3PM Expanded Ensemble- Dont Miss This One!
Auditions at Herricks Community Center Theatre
999 Herricks Road, New Hyde Park
( Meet in the Cafeteria)
will be January 4, 5, 6, at 7pm
Call Backs- January 13th at 7pm
Be prepared to sing ( Bring sheet Music if possible)
Also- Bring a head shot if you are new to our group.
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to The Forum takes place in ancient Rome. Pseudolus, a lying, dishonorable, yet lovable slave, endlessly connives to obtain his freedom, despite the fact that his master, Senex, is tolerant of his sloppy, insubordinate conduct. When Pseudolus learns that young Hero, son of Senex, loves one of the girls from a house of ill repute, he agrees, in exchange for his freedom, to help the innocent Hero win the maiden’s love. This sets the stage for some outrageous situations and hilarious moments in what many have called the funniest farce ever written.
Auditions: All Roles
- Pseudolus: A Roman slave, owned by Hero, who seeks to win his/her freedom by helping his/her young master win the heart of Philia. His name means "Faker". While originally written as a male role, it has been performed by female cast as well.
- Hysterium: (Latin for "Hysterical", or "Anxious", the suffix "-um" makes the name neuter, and the character's gender is often mistaken throughout the piece) The chief slave in the house of Senex.
- Hero: Young son of Senex who falls in love with the virgin, Philia.
- Philia: (Greek for "love") A virgin in the house of Marcus Lycus, and Hero's love interest. Her name is also a homophone of the Latin word "Filia," which means sister. This foreshadows her status as the sister of Miles Gloriosus.
- Senex: (Latin for "old man") A henpecked, sardonic Roman senator living in a less fashionable suburb of Rome.
- Domina: (Latin for "mistress") The wife of Senex. A manipulative, shrewish woman who is loathed by even her husband.
- Marcus Lycus: A purveyor of courtesans, who operates from the house to the left of Senex. (Name based on Lycus, the pimp in Plautus's Poenulus.)
- Miles Gloriosus: (Latin for "boastful soldier," the archetype of the braggart soldier in Roman comedies) A captain in the Roman army to whom Marcus Lycus has promised Philia.
- Erronius: (Latin for "wandering") Senex's elderly neighbor in the house to the right. He has spent the past twenty years searching for his two children, kidnapped in infancy by pirates.
- Gymnasia: (Greek for "Athletic", with the connotation of nakedness) A courtesan from the house of Lycus with whom Pseudolus falls in love.
- Tintinabula: (Latin for "Bells") A jingling, bell-wearing courtesan in the house of Lycus.
- Vibrata: (Latin for "Vibrant") A wild, vibrant courtesan in the house of Lycus.
- Geminae: (Latin for "Twins") Twin courtesans in the house of Lycus.
- Panacea: (Greek for "Cure All") A courtesan in the house of Lycus. A face that can hold a thousand promises, and a body that stands behind each promise.
- Proteans: Choristers who play multiple roles (slaves, citizens, soldiers, and eunuchs). They accompany Pseudolus in "Comedy Tonight".
Herricks Community Center
999 Herricks Road, New Hyde Park, NY
We knew "Annie" was a big hit but we didn't realize how big!
6 FINALISTS FOR THE 2012 JOSIE EXCELLENCE IN THE ARTS AWARDS - Sponsored by the Josephine Foundation
Production of the Year - "Annie"
Best Performance by and Adult Female - Carol Giorgio (Mrs. Hannigan)
Best Performance by and Adult Male - Bill Kane (Daddy Warbucks)
Director of the Year - John Hayes
Music Director of the Year - Susan Weber
Choeographer of the Year - Barbara Murphy
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ENTIRE CAST FOR A GREAT SHOW!
Fall 2010 - Cast of "STEEL MAGNOLIAS"
Tickets are now on Sale
-Full Orchestra, Professional Lighting and Sound, Top Talent from the Tri-State Area,
Air Conditioned Theatre, All Proceeds go to Support the Herricks Community Fund
Reasonable Ticket Prices, Easy street parking,
What are You waiting For?
CLick on Link Below to Purchase Tickets
Click On Link Below To Purchase Tickets NOW